HMB 235mm HDPE Frame Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMB 235mm HDPE Frame Build

I realized that I have been building more than flying my quads. After my first Pocket Kim 240mm G10 quad, I had subsequently built a SOSx Wasp 110mm brushed, Strider, Armattan Morphite 180mm, Armattan FPV V2 333mm, XElite 180mm. And now my latest build since starting this hobby 6 months ago. My HMB 235 ‘Tank’ Build, with a focus on durability while switching to my Strider or XE180 if I wish to go for speed.

Naze32 Acro
    Dys Blheli 20amp escs
    PowerOSD
    JJRC 2206 2200kv motors
    Dalrc 5.8g 32ch 600mw vtx
    Aomway 5.8g antenna
    Frsky D4R-II
    700TVL Sony CCD
    Dinogy 1300mah 3s 65c
    Dalrc 5045 props
    Runcam Action Cam

AUW: 620g for the above setup. With 4S 1300mah 30c and the 3d Printed shields, it will probably be around 700g.

Started building by setting up the motors and ESCs with bullet connectors (yes this is not recommended but decided to give using bullets connectors a go to see for myself the pros and cons). Used Powerosd as my PDB.

Kept most of the esc power wires underneath the frame to reduce clutter up top.

ABS printed bottom cover for the esc wires and battery cables.

Subsequently added the 5v regulator for the naze32, the naze32, D4R-II and FPV Cam.
    Height just nice for 37mm tall standoffs.

I like how the HMB package included a HDPE 'mid plate' to block the battery from hitting the electronics during a crash.

Added a spare G10 mobius plate I had lying around to protect my VTX.

AUW of 620g with a 3s 1300mah 65c Lipo and Runcam. No 3D shields yet.

Added WS2818 Leds connected to Naze32 for some bling effect.

Designed and 3D printed shields for my FPV cam and sides to complete the HMB 'Tank' build!

Working...
X